Travel by P&O Ferries to/from Calais.
Staying at sites in: Nuiwpoort, Arnhem; Hanover; Dresden; Bamberg/Nuremburg; Geisenheim/Rudesheim am Rhein; Bure (Tellin) Belgium and Eperlecques, France.
### STOP PRESS ###
There are three (3) vacancies on this rally.
Please contact Dave Wharmby if you wish to join the rally
Travel by P&O Ferries to Calais.
See latest Rally Price at end.
NOTE: Due to local regulations, DOGS are only permitted on two of the rally excursions: Colditz Castle and the Steam Boat/Pilnitz Castle trips.
1. NIEUPOORT, BELGIUM
Arrive 10 -13 September (3 nights)
Kompas Camping Nieuwpoort
This is a large campsite with 469 pitches and located 500m from Nieuwpoort. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants on the doorstep and direct beach access from site.
(37 minutes from Bruges).
• Guided coach trip to Bruges, including free time for lunch and shopping in the afternoon PRICE: £26 per person.
• Port of Nieuwpoort is a small seaside fishing town with plenty of shopping, sightseeing and good fish restaurants.
Arrive 13 - 17 September (4 nights)
Camping Heumens Bos
This is a beautiful campsite set in a peaceful forest location. The campsite is also a good size with 350 pitches, mostly grassy, level and grouped together. The closest town of Nijmegen is 8km away and is the oldest city in the Netherlands.
• Day trip to Arnhem starting with a guided tour of the old city and battle of Arnhem, followed by free time for lunch. Afterwards meet the coach and visit the Airborne Museum for a guided tour followed by a free time to visit the Airborne war cemetery. PRICE: £29 per person.
• A Tour of the Winery & Wine museum in Arnhem, Velperweg followed by and early dinner before joining the coach for the return journey to the site. PRICE: £47 per person
Arrive 17 – 20 September (3 nights)
Erholungspark Irenensee,Uetze, Lower Saxony, Germany.
This is an attractive campsite site set around a shallow lake dotted with islands. Located just a 40 minute drive from Hanover, this campsite has 200 spacious touring pitches and is a 40 minute walk to the town of Uetze, where you will find a few shops & cafes.
• Day trip to Hanover with guided tour and free time in the afternoon to wander around the old town with its half timbered buildings, narrow lanes & the oldest church.
PRICE: £20 per person.
4 DRESDEN with trip to COLDITZ
Arrive 20- 24 September (4 nights)
Freizeitpark Luxoase, Dresden
A well maintained and high quality campsite located adjacent to a lake and surrounded by trees and a meadow. Located just 22 km north of Dresden (30 minutes by car) in a quiet area. There are good quality facilities on site including a good restaurant by the lake, and a bakery service with fresh rolls every morning
Located 5km (1 hr walk) to the Town of Radeberg with shops, restaurants, only 13 min walk to smaller town with Bakery. Colditz is located 1 hr 13 minutes away.
• Day trip to Colditz castle for an English speaking guided tour (this takes 2hrs), followed by lunch & free time in Colditz Town to explore at your leisure.
PRICE: £27 per person.
• Every Friday & Saturday the campsite offers a sightseeing tour of Dresden. The tourist doubledecker bus collects you from the campsite at 9am and takes you on an architectural, historical and cultural tour of Dresden. Guided tours are from 10 and 12am and you can remain seated for the complete tour which lasts around 2 hours.
Note: This tour will not be private to Adria members, but shared with the general public and subject to availability – although I should be able to pre book it with the campsite if you’re interested.
• Day excursion to the River Elbe in Dresden where you will board a steam boat at 10.00 and enjoy a 1 hr 50 min cruise on the River Elbe to Pilnitz castle and gardens. Arrive at Castle Pilnitz and take 3 hours to wander around the beautiful castle and gardens boarding your coach for the 35 min journey back to site. PRICE: £29 per person.
Arrive 24 -27 September (3 nights)
Camping Insel, Bamberg/Bug, Bavaria (N), Germany.
100 pitches 6km to Bamberg, 1 hr from Nuremberg 3km to supermarkets, nice restaurant and site on banks of river Regnitz
• A guided walking tour of Bamberg`s old town, one of Europe’s largest intact old town centres and a UNESCO world heritage site. PRICE: £29 per person.
• A full day coach trip for a grand tour through Franconian Switzerland which would include a 45 minute walk to Sansperail Rock Garden. The coach could then take you to the lovely Bavarian town of Pottenstein where you can stop for lunch at `Forellenhof` and the coach would take the scenic route back with dramatic scenery. Includes lunch.
PRICE: £49 per person
6. RUDESHEIM AM RHEIN
Arrive 27 – 28 September (1 night)
Rheingau Campingplatz Geisenheim, Hessen, Germany.
A small family site within walking/cycling distance to Rudesheim.
NOT the 2018 Rally Site! - but about 1 mile up the river
Arrive 28 September- 30 September (2 nights)
Camping Parc La Clusure
Chemin de la Clusure, 30
6927 Bure (Tellin), Belgium
This IS the one we used in 2018!
• Explore the Achouffe Brewery
PRICE: £29 per person
FAREWELL MEAL on site - 3 course set menu and a glass of wine. PRICE: £26 per person.
Arrive:30th September. Depart 1st October (1 night)
Camping le Chateau du Gandspette, Eperlecques
Return Ferry: P&O Calais - Dover
£645.00 motorhome, £689.00 caravan for two people travelling.
The Rally is being organised by Alan Rogers.
The rally price includes a return ferry crossing to the continent with P&O Ferries, these prices are currently fixed until 5 March, however may increase slightly after this date.
If you prefer to travel with Eurotunnel, please write this on your Alan Rogers booking form and they will contact you with a price. Eurotunnel’s prices can change on a daily basis therefore they are unable to hold these prices for any fixed time, unlike P&O Ferries. They are also non refundable however you are able to amend the date up until you return home. For this reason the Eurotunnel fare is payment in full at the time of booking.
PLEASE CONTACT DAVE WHARMBY IF YOU WISH TO JOIN THIS RALLY.